Sunday 15 April 2012

Dubai, The Grazia Style Awards & Christian Louboutin

Wow, it's been a long break for me and it feels like ages since I last posted on my blog. Well fear not readers, I'm back after a fantastic holiday in Dubai. Martin and I did everything we could in 8 days, from an Arabian Nights Desert Safari to going up the Burj Khalifa and spending two great days at the Atlantis Hotel, which included a day at the Aquaventure water park. But the highlight of my trip was the Grazia Style Awards at the Madinat Jumeirah Hotel. My last minute white dress was from Zara (winner of 'Best Shop To Spend Dhs 1,000' award) and I was definitely pleased with the final look! I headed into Dubai Mall to get some lovely Massimo Dutti sandals and finished off the look with a pop of colour courtesy of an Accessorize clutch. I had my hair blow-dried at the Westin Hotel. The hairdresser wanted to try something more glamorous for the occasion, so I let him have free range! At first I was a little worried, but my hair turned out exactly as he said it would - fab and funky!

The evening was everything I expected - gorgeous dresses, amazing venue, three course dinner and lots of incredible people to meet. I was so excited when my cousin and I found out the special guest for the evening was none other than Christian Louboutin (the shoe king). He won an award for 'Best Shoe Brand - Luxury' and also 'Grazia ME Special Recognition Award' and he's such a cute and charismatic man. I even managed to get my picture with him after chasing him across the ballroom, but it was well worth it. I had my cousin Alfie and the entire table in stitches. I also met designer Henry Holland, who did a great job presenting the event with Poppy Delevigne (the face of Louis Vuitton's Summer 2012 campaign). After free champagne and a good meal, not to mention a Grazia goodie bag, an unforgettable evening was had by all. I am very grateful to my cousin for the tickets - Thank you Alfie xx 

For my readers I have posted a few photos from a memorable trip and The Grazia Style Awards. Tune in later for details on my outfit ;)

My Fav Hotel - Jumeirah Beach Hotel By Night 

 Outside Dubai Mall

Dubai Mall By Night..

In Alfie's Apartment Block on The Palm

Driving To Atlantis..


And Now For The Grazia Night :)

The Stunning Venue

Smile For The Grazia Cameras ;)


Alfie Looking Very Pretty In Warehouse

Me Posing In My Zara Dress

Me With Henry Holland

Christian Louboutin 

 
Christian Having Fun For Grazia Shoot

 
Me, Christian and Lara